A lot of children and vulnerable adults take part in our activities, and we make sure that they can enjoy skiing and snowboarding free from any physical or emotional harm.
DSUK believes that all its participants have the right to participate in snowsports in a fun and safe environment and the right to protection from emotional, physical and sexual abuse.
If you are worried and/or need advice about anyone who might be bullied, harrassed, neglected or otherwise abused. please contact our Safeguarding Lead Officer by email
or phone us on 01479 861 272.
Our Policy Statement
Disability Snowsport UK is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all its members, including staff, volunteers and other people who access its services. Disability Snowsport UK therefore fully accepts its legal and moral obligations to safeguard children and vulnerable adults.
- Disability Snowsport UK ensures that there are appropriate arrangements in place to provide a safe and secure environment and to deal with issues concerned with reported abuse of children and vulnerable adults
- Disability Snowsport UK ensures that all reasonable and proportionate steps are taken to protect children and vulnerable adults from harm, discrimination and degrading treatment and to respect their rights, wishes and feelings
- Disability Snowsport UK ensures that all suspicions and allegations of poor practice or abuse are taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately.
- Disability Snowsport UK employees and volunteers are recruited with regard to their suitability for that responsibility, and are provided with guidance and/or training in good practice in safeguarding
- Disability Snowsport recognises that working in partnership with parents, guardians, children and vulnerable adults is essential for the protection of children and vulnerable adults
- This policy will be reviewed regularly – no less than every three years or whenever there is a major change in the organisation or in relevant legislation
For more information you can read our
Safeguarding Policy- Adults at Risk - Core Principles & Responsibilities
Safeguarding Policy - Child - Core Principles & Responsibilities
Safeguarding Policy - Child - Guidelines & Good Practice
Incident Report Form & Notes